Republican candidate Donald Trump has taken to Twitter to declare his victory over the fact that CNBC has agreed to keep its GOP debate later this month at just two hours, as opposed to the three-hour debate that was last hosted by CNN in September.
“CNBC has just agreed that the debate will be TWO HOURS,” Trump said Friday on Twitter. “Fantastic news for all, especially the millions of people who will be watching!”
Trump had previously threatened to pull out of the debate if his criteria are not met by CNBC.
It still wasn’t clear if CNBC had settled on a debate of any length, and CNBC did not respond to a request for comment to confirm Trump’s claim but CNBC indicated that it’s still negotiating with the campaign teams on the exact structure of the debate, which is set for Oct. 28.
“Our goal is to host the most substantive debate possible,” a CNBC spokesman said in a statement Thursday. “Our practice in the past has been to forego opening statements to allow more time to address the critical issues that matter most to the American people. We started a dialogue yesterday with all of the campaigns involved and we will certainly take the candidates’ views on the format into consideration as we finalize the debate structure.”
Source : Fox News